BardecodeFiler with Windows Service Beta Now Available!
The Beta test download is no longer available and the full release is now available from our download page below:
We are often asked about a Windows Service version of BardecodeFiler, and so we are very pleased to announce that “BardecodeFiler with Windows Service” is now available as a Beta test download from the following URL:
Here’s what you need to know about this download:
- The beta program is installed by default into the following folder: “C:\Program Files\Softek Software\BardecodeFiler with Windows Service Beta”
- It includes a normal version of BardecodeFiler (BardecodeFiler.exe) and the Windows Service Beta Version (BardecodeFilerService.exe).
- The service can be started/stopped and paused from Administrative Tools/Services and is called “BardecodeFiler Service”. It is not started automatically after installation or configured to start at system boot.
- The service configuration file, log file and input/output folders can be found in “C:\ProgramData\Softek Software\BardecodeFiler”
- You can configure the service by starting BardecodeFiler.exe (found in the installation folder) as Admin and clicking on File followed by Service Settings
- You will require a license key to run the service: Please email email@example.com. It will not run without a license key.
- Please send any feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finally, when the service version does go on sale licenses will cost 399 USD and you can upgrade from a standard version of BardecodeFiler for 150 USD (i.e. 399 – 249, which is the cost of a BardecodeFiler license).