Help getting started with the BardecodeFiler service
Here are some general tips and suggestions for users wanting to use the BardecodeFiler Service for the first time…
1. The documentation for the service can be found in section 7 of the manual (which can be found by starting BardecodeFiler Desktop and clicking on File and Help).
2. The installer sets up 4 different BardecodeFiler services by default. You should be able to see them in Administrative Tools/Services off the Control Panel.
3. It’s normally best to get the service just called “BardecodeFiler Service” working first. The configuartion file is held in c:\ProgramData\Softek Software\BardecodeFiler\service_settings.ini. On some systems the ProgramData folder is hidden but if you just type c:\ProgramData into the navigation bar then you should be able to get there.
4. The simplest way to edit the configuration is by right clicking on BardecodeFiler.exe, select Run as Admin and then go to File and Service Settings. You will need to enter a license key in here in order to run the service. We can help with demo license keys.
5. When you start the service it should create the file c:\ProgramData\Softek Software\BardecodeFiler\BarFilerService.txt. This is similar to the output you would normally see in the desktop version.
6. A common problem is permissions on the input and output folders. If you double click on the service then you can go to the Log On tab and change the user that the service runs as. It’s important that this user has read/write permissions for the folders.