OSX build added with version 8.1.1 of the Linux SDK
Softek Barcode Reader Toolkit for Linux Version 8.1.1 has been released, now with OSX support and builds for a greater range of Linux distributions. We will be notifying customers of this release over the next few weeks but please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you wish to get a license key for the new version.
- Version 8 of the SDK can now process separate pages and parts of images in separate threads. This can give much improved speeds for multi-page documents and single page documents containing 2- D bar codes. The maximum number of threads is controlled by the new property called MaxThreads.
- Median filter capability added for color images.
- Added new advanced properties called PDF417AutoUTF8 and DataMatrixAutoUTF8. These new properties prevent the toolkit from double encoding data that is already encoded using UTF-8. The documentation has also been updated to include QRCodeAutoUTF8.
- Modified PDF-417 recognition to accept guard patterns that are missing the 4th bar on the right hand side.
- Fixed error in GS1-databar alogorithm that prevented recognition of certain stacked bar codes.
- Fixed multi-threading error in decoding evaluation licenses. Note that this error does not apply to full license keys.
- Changed Code 39 recognition to reduce the number of false positive reads and correctly read some bar codes where the wide white bars are the same size or smaller than the narrow black bars or vice versa.
- Added new advanced property called Code39MaxRatioPcnt.
- Increased tolerance of variation in column width for PDF-417 bar codes.
- Improved the detection of large skewed data matrix bar codes.