Softek Barcode Reader Toolkit for Linux, Android, iOS, Raspberry Pi and ARM version 8.4.1 released
Version 8.4.1 of the Softek Barcode Reader Toolkit for Linux/Android/iOS/Raspberry Pi and AM has been released with the following changes:
- The amount of memory required on the stack for the software to run has been reduced. This had previously caused some problems when running version 8.3.3 under docker.
- The bardecode.a library is now built using -fPIC
- The libbardecode.so for linux_x86_64 and linux_i386 no longer depends on libtiff.so etc. This means that for linux there are now just 2 main builds – one for i386 and another for x86_64.
- The libbardecode_jni.so file no longer exists and the functions moved to the libbardecode.so file. The Barcode class in the java folder has been updated to reflect this change of library name.
- Support for python and python3 has been added to the library. An example script can be found in the python folder.
- There are also improvements to the handling of rectangular datamatrix barcodes with this version.
As usual the new version can be downloaded from: