7.1.3 of the Windows Toolkit and PDF Extension Released
- Faster PDF processing.
- Support added for micro-PDF-417 barcodes.
- Exhanced Code-25 support (Datalogic, Matrix, Industrial and IATA)
- Improved accuracy for skewed barcodes.
- Improved read rates for longer barcodes.
We have now released version 7.1.3 of the Windows Toolkit and PDF Extension. The new version offers the following:
1. Improved support for the EAN-13 family of barcodes.
The EAN-13 module has been improved to allow a greater variance in module width.
2. Extended support for Code 2 of 5 barcodes.
Support added for the following variants of the Code 25 family: Datalogic, Matrix, Industrial and IATA via the ReadCode25ni setting.
3. Improved detection of false positive results when using SkewSettings > 0.
In previous versions it was possible to get partial reads of barcode such as Code 2 of 5 when using SkewSetting values > 0. This version detects and removes such errors.
4. Encoding property added to control format in which barcodes are returned:
0 (default) = raw (with null characters suppressed)
1 = Quoted printable
2 = Unicode
3 = UTF-8 Note that this property mainly applies to PDF-417 barcodes.
5. Sorting of barcode results
Previous versions of the toolkit have generally returned barcodes ordered bottom up and left to right – with some exceptions. This version now checks the ordering to ensure that barcodes are returned in the expected order.
6. Bug fix in SaveResults method in the .net 2.0 component.
In previous versions this function only saved the results for the last page in a multi-page TIF document.
7. The properties PdfBpp, PdfDpi, PageNo and Photometric can be exported and imported using the XML interface.
8. Added support for micro-PDF-417 barcodes via the ReadMicroPDF417 property.
9. Added support for Short Code 128 barcodes via the ReadShortCode128 property. Another property called ShortCode128MinLength has also been added to control the minimum allowed length for this type of barcode. The default value is 2.
10. Improved detection of long barcodes.