Version 7.1 of the Windows Toolkit and PDF Extension Released
Version 7.1 contains support for XML, CSV and Java, with improvements to Code 39, Code 25 and PDF-417 recognition…
1. Median Filter The Median Filter option is another method of cleaning noisy images. It’s more versatile than the noise reduction filters because it isn’t restricted to a single orientation, although it isn’t recomended for low resolution images.
2. XML Interface Added
2.1 Using an XML File to Control Properties It is now possible to load settings for the toolkit from an XML file. What’s more, it is also possible to define groups of settings, to be applied successively to an image until a barcode is found. Groups of settings can also be targetted at particular pages in an image. See the manual pages for LoadXMLSettings and ExportXMLSettings for more details.
2.2 Exporting Results to an XML or CSV File The SaveResults method can be used to export barcode values and locations to an XML or CSV file. See the manual page for SaveResults for more details.
2.3 Using an XML File to Specify Files or Folders to be Processed. An XML file can also be used to spedify files and folders for the toolkit to scan, with the results written to another XML file or a CSV file. Note that this does not currently support PDF files. See the manual page for ProcessXML for more details.
3. Java Interface The toolkit is now provided with a Java class, which can be found in the java folder under the installation folder. Please see the README file in the Java folder for more details on the supported properties and methods.
4. Code 25 character width tolerance The allowed variation in width for Code 25 characters in barcodes of more than 6 characters has been increased.
5. Extra wide spaces The toolkit now handles barcodes with an exceptionally high ratio between the first black bar and first white space.
6. Auto Color Threshold Calculation Improved The automatic calculation of the value for color threshold has been imrpoved.
7. PDF-417 Recognition An improvement has been made to the PDF-417 algorithm, which allows it to recognise much lower resolution images than was previously possible. A logic error has also been fixed in the decoding alogorithm for byte compacted data.
8. Code 39 Recognition A small improvement has been made to the Code 39 algorithm to handle barcodes with a low ratio between the wide and narrow bars.